Do you need a cool, kid-friendly dessert?
Cake-In-A-Cones were a hit with the middle schoolers at my daughter’s New Year’s Eve party. You know how much I love a theme, but this pre-decorated or decorate-your-own dessert would be fun at any party.
Happy Sweet Tooth, hon!
1 box of cake mix
eggs, however many the cake mix calls for
vegetable oil, same as the eggs, check the box
24 flat-bottomed ice cream cones
regular sized muffin tins
Icing and Extras, such as sprinkles, mini-marshmallows, M & M’s, cinnamon candies, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare muffin tins by lining each cup with aluminum foil. This will help the cones to stand.
3. Combine cake batter as directed on cake box.
4. Stand cones in muffin tins. Fill each cone about 3/4.
5. Bake for about half the time noted on the box, then check to see if cake is done. If not, keep in oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
6. Cool before decorating.