“And the nominees are…”
As an avid movie-goer, I watch the Oscars every year hoping my favorite movies, actors and actresses get nominated for awards. So imagine I am wearing a gorgeous full-lenth gown as I accept my very first blog award, the Liebster Award.
Thank you to L. Marie for enjoying Bmore Energy enough to nominate it for a Liebster Award! L. Marie earned her MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults from the Vermont College of Fine Arts and aspires to publish her fantasy for kids and teens. Check out her blog El Space-The Blog of L. Marie to read her interviews with other writers and her thoughts on writing, movies and animation.
History: It seems the honor is bestowed from one smallish blogger to another. On a Sopphey Says post, the Liebster Award is thought to have originated with a German blogger (liebster means dearest in German) and, even though the rules have changed, its essence hasn’t. As Sopphey says, “There is no real award, no judges, no website with an official team to congratulate you. It’s mostly what you want it to be. If you receive the award, you can 1) accept it and 2) pass it along. It’s that easy.”
Awards Speech: Not only do I want to thank L. Marie, but I’d like to thank everyone who has stopped by Bmore Energy. I appreciate the great feedback and comments!
Rules: In accepting this nomination, there are a bunch of rules to follow. When the sharing is finished, I’ll be picking up my imaginary Swag Bag and heading out to a virtual After-Awards Party. Wonder which celebs I’ll run into?
The rules are…
First, accept the award, post a Liebster Award image on the top of post, say who nominated you and include a link to that blog site.
1. List 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award and list their blogs sites (linking to them is great.)
3. Notify the bloggers of their award.
4. Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer when they accept their Liebster Award.
5. Answer the questions left for you by the blogger who gave you the award.
Eleven Random Facts:
1. I love to climb. When I was high up on a ropes course I thought, I’d like to stay up here awhile!
2. Being picked last in gym for team sports, I never considered myself athletic.
3. I learned how to ski at 17 and it’s one of my favorite things to do.
4. I love rollercoasters.
5. Raisnets poured into popcorn is my favorite movie snack.
6. A friend and I backpacked through Europe after college.
7. I am a human chameleon. I can talk to anyone, anytime about anything.
8. I find most insects fascinating and like to pick caterpillars and grasshoppers.
9. If there’s someone belting out pop songs in the car next toyou, there’s a good chance it’s me.
10. I love to dance.
11. I wept when Kate DiCamillo, speaking to a lecture hall full of writers and illustrators at an SCBWI conference, said, “Stand at the door…accepting that you are an artist.”
Questions I was asked by Linda Marie along with my answers:
1. What is one thing you want to do to help change the world? Since I don’t have the resources to solve world hunger, I’ll settle for sharing my passion for the written word, art, music and nature one person at a time.
2. What is your favorite adaptation of a book to a movie? The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. I got chills when the characters emerged from the wardrobe into Narnia and it wasn’t because there was snow on the ground.
3. Why did you start your blog? Bmore Energy is a commitment to myself to write and a place to present myself professionally.
4. When did you first discover that you wanted to write? When I was ten, I wrote a children’s book, covered it in Saran Wrap so it would look like it was from the library and included a “photo of the author” sporting no front teeth.
5. Most inspiring outdoor space. Why? When I run or bike next to the forest and river in the preserved land near my house, I hear my characters whispering.
6. Do you have a life slogan? If so, what is it? The saying taped to my fridge is: ”To get something you’ve always wanted, you have to do something you’ve never done.”
7. Name one person who has influenced the way you see life right now. Why? My youngest daughter’s passion for books as well as her belief that I will achieve my goals fuels my hope that I actually will.
8. Who is one of your favorite authors? Why? My kids and I never tired of reading Cynthia Rylant’s Henry and Mudge books. Why? Because her stories, depicting a loving boy, his dog and his family, illustrate the wonder and humor in everyday life.
9. One piece of advice you would give to a middle schooler or an older teen is…don’t forget the things you loved to do when you were a little kid.
10. A goal you have now is to…get my books published so I can start my writing career.
11. A favorite statement a family member or friend has said to you recently about your writing is…My mom, who is an award-winning investigative journalist and edited a magazine for over thirty years, read one of my picture books and said, “This is really good!“
Okay newest nominee, this is the deal. I nominated you because your creativity, talent and dedication inspire me. You are under no obligation to accept, and knowing your work has been recognized might be award enough. Either way, happy blogging hon!
Questions for the newest nominees:
(Some are the same I was asked, some aren’t.)
1. Why did you start a blog?
2. Most inspiring out door space. Why?
3. Do you have a life slogan? If so, what is it?
4. What do you like to do when you’re not blogging?
5. What is your favorite adaptation of a book to a movie?
6. What kind of music do you like to listen to?
7. Who is one of your favorite authors? Why?
8. Name a place you’d like to travel to.
9. The most common compliment you get is…
10. An accomplishment you are proud of is…
11. A goal you have now is to…