1. Beat butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs.
2. Peel, cut into chunks and seed oranges.
3. After whirling oranges in food processor, add them to butter/sugar batter and beat until blended.
4. Add flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder to bowl.
5. Beat batter until smooth.
6. Before pouring batter into Bundt pan, spray non-stick spray and possibly line bottom with parchment paper.
7. Pour batter into pan.
8. Bake at 325 degrees F for approx. 55 minutes.
9. Make glaze by whisking powdered sugar with orange juice.
10. Drizzle glaze over inverted, slightly cooled cake. Let glazed cake set before serving.
Even though I haven’t posted a recipe in awhile, I’ve still been cookin’ up a storm. This Orange Cake was a winner! It’s easy to make, light and delicious. I brought it to a friends’ BBQ and one slice just wasn’t enough.
As I always say, “Happy baking, hon!”
1 cup butter, softened (I used margarine to make the cake non-dairy)
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
2 oranges (about 1 lb total), ends trimmed, then cut into chunks and seeded
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
2 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon orange juice
non-stick cooking-oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 10-cup Bundt pan with non-stick cooking-oil spray. (Tip: I lined the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and sprayed the sides and middle section of pan.)
2. In a large bowl, use a mixer on medium speed to beat butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs.
3. Whirl orange chunks in a food processor until mostly smooth but not pureed.
4. Add 1 1/2 cups orange mixture to butter/ sugar batter and beat until blended.
5. Add flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder to batter and beat until smooth.
6. Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan.
7. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a few crumbs clinging to it, about 55 minutes. Cool pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, then invert cake onto rack and let cool completely.
8. In a small bowl, whisk together powdered (confectioner’s) sugar and orange juice. Drizzle over inverted, slightly cooled cake. Let glaze set, then slice cake.
Yield: serves 12