Bite-Size Pumpkin Pies!
Thanksgiving tradition in our home calls for Apple and Pumpkin Pies so, in addition to baking Mini Apple Pies, I baked bite-size Pumpkin Pies. Referencing Sally’s Baking Addiction, the recipe below combines hers and mine. Shhh–don’t tell. I couldn’t wait until Thanksgiving to try one. Hon, it was delicious!
Warm holiday wishes to you and your family.
- Grease or line mini muffin cups in two 24-count mini muffin pans.
- Use a 2.5 inch cookie cutter or a 1/3 cup measuring cup to cut dough into small circles.
- Sally’s Baking Addiction says, “These mini pumpkin pies are dough heavy– lots of crust in each bite. The filling really has to stand out, so we’ll use flavorful brown sugar and extra pumpkin pie spice.”
- SBA also suggests using a touch of black pepper. “No one will know it’s there– all they’ll taste is a delightfully spiced flavor.”
- 2 unbaked pie crusts (homemade or store bought)
- 1 (16oz) can cooked pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup non-dairy creamer
- small pinch black pepper (optional – see note)
- Prepare pumpkin pie filling by beating 2 eggs, then adding remaining ingredients and mixing thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Roll pie crusts to 1/8″ thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using a 2.5-inch cookie cutter (or 1/3 cup measuring cup), shape mini crusts. Re-roll any scrap pieces of pie dough as needed to cut out the circles.
- Place the small circles of dough into greased or lined 24-count mini muffin pan(s). Press the dough flat into the bottom of the crevice and up the sides.
- Evenly spoon cold filling into each unbaked crust, filling to the top.
- Bake mini pies until the center is just about set and edges are lightly browned, about 21-25 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. If greased well, the mini pies pop right out using a spoon to scoop them up. Cool, then serve at room temperature or refrigerate until chilled and serve cold. Filling deflates a bit as they cool.
- Cover leftover pies tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Store any leftover Mini Pumpkin Pies in the refrigerator for up to 5 days OR wrap, freeze, and defrost at a later date.
Yield: 48-50 mini pies