I admit it. I’m not a huge fan of ground turkey, but I like it when cooked in savory Turkey Chili. Searching for a new recipe for an out of town guest who is a fan, I came across Delish.com’s Muffin-Tin Turkey Meatloaf. Hubby made his yummy mashed potatoes to serve on top. We added roasted cauliflower and broccoli and a side of whole-berry cranberry sauce. The meal was a winner!
Happy cooking, hon.
Muffin-Tin Turkey Meatloaf
- cooking spray or baking cups, for muffin tin
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp brown sugar
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
garlic mashed potatoes, click here for a recipe
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, mix ground turkey with breadcrumbs, eggs, and garlic. Add Worcestershire, thyme, and tomato paste and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin tins.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ketchup and brown sugar. Brush half the ketchup mixture on top of the meatloaf.
- Bake until cooked through, 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush meatloaf with remaining half ketchup mixture.
- Spoon mashed potatoes on top and garnish with parsley.
Yield: 12 mini turkey loafs
Tip: Cook ahead of time, freeze, defrost and re-heat for about 30 minutes on 325 degrees F.