Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad is a perfect summer dish! Add grilled, sliced chicken, salmon or steak for protein, and dinner’s served. Going on a picnic? Pack it for lunch. Kids can cut up the veggies (with adult supervision), measure ingredients and mix it all up, making this a contender in the Easy DIY Kids Crafts & Recipes category. Not into pasta? How about mixing brown rice with the grilled veggies and tossing it all with the yummy balsamic dressing? Hon…guess what I’ll be serving later this week?
Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad
- 8 oz. asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, quartered lengthwise
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups cooked whole grain penne pasta
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Tip: Grill additional veggies to add to dish.
- Lightly brush vegetables with 1 Tablespoon of the oil. Grill sweet pepper, zucchini, and onion on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until tender, turning once. Add asparagus the last 3 to 5 minutes, cooking until tender, turning once. Let cool slightly. Cut vegetables into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetables and pasta. Add remaining 2 Tablespoons oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with oregano.
Tip: Add grilled chicken breast, steak or salmon for protein.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Better Homes & Gardens