I was searching for a quick, easy and useful DIY Father’s Day gift idea and came across “Paperweight Pebbles” from Steller.co. Thanks to Steller.co for the photos, instructions, and wish-we-could-travel-right-now gift. The site says, “Be prepared to get very messy, sticky hands… You have to smooth the map over the pebble when it’s covered in glue,” so fair warning, hon.
Happy Father’s Day to all of the wonderful dads out there!
Here’s the How-To:
- rocks (squarer rocks recommended)
- glue (Elmer’s, white glue, Mod Podge)
- Cut out section of map, estimating how much is needed to cover rock.
- Cover rock with glue.
- Wrap rock with map, pressing map into crevices and smoothing seams.
- Trim excess map.
- Glue any seams that are sticking up.
- Let dry.