DIY Chocolate Favors
Hon, you know I love a theme! My sister recently got re-married and I was in charge of the bachelorette-ish dinner. A pretty pocketbook was featured on the invitation, so when I found candy molds with pocketbooks and pumps, I was sold. There are endless molds to choose from making these DIY favors easy to adapt to different themes and occasions. Need a fun kids activity? Kid can measure, time, pour, pop the candy out of the molds and, of course, eat the chocolates. Yum!
- candy molds
- melting chocolates (I used a combination of milk, dark and white chocolate.)
- cookie tray
- wax or parchment paper
- microwaveable bowls, spoons and spatula
- favor bags and ribbon
- Set up: Place candy molds on baking trays. Top another tray or cutting board with wax or parchment paper.
- Melt 2 cups of chocolate melties in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for another 10-12 seconds or until chocolate is smooth. Stir. If more than 2 cups of chocolate are being melted, microwave for 15 seconds. (note: Some chocolate melties melt better than others. It’s better to microwave for less time, stir, microwave again, etc. if you’re not sure. If the chocolate passes the melting stage and gets “crumbly,” it can’t be re-melted and becomes unusable.)
- Pour melted chocolate into candy molds.
- Place baking tray with candy molds in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Pop frozen chocolate shapes onto wax/parchment lined tray. Let it come to room temperature before handling.
- Fill bags and tie with ribbon.
Source: Check out Sweet n Fancy Emporium where you can find endless choice of mold, cookie cutter, melties, sprinkles and frostings.