Confidence is the theme of the week.
In honor of World Read Aloud Day, Litworld asks,”What stories make you feel confident and proud to be you?” It must be the kid in me and my love of kidlit that makes picture books the natural place to find confidence. Here are my picks for the…
Top Five Confidence Boosting Picture Books
- Yoko by Rosemary Wells. Yoko has the confidence to bring her unique lunch to school. She doesn’t “yuck anyone else’s yum” even when other kids call her lunch icky.
- Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein. Little Red Chicken knows what he knows. Fairytales are dangerous.
- Zoomer by Ned Young. Zoomer isn’t afraid to let his imagination run wild.
- Ninja by Arree Chung. Maxwell is ready to face any obstacles as a true ninja.
- The Book With No Pictures by B.J. Novak. If you need the confidence–and permission–to be silly, you get both in this book.
Hon, do you think I’m confident or crazy to take lessons on the flying trapeze?