World Read Aloud Day’s theme this week is Friendship, and friendship in kid’s literature is one element that keeps us reading. I have so many favorites, but here are the Top Five Friendships in kidlit that make me care and make me cry.
- Watership Down by Richard Adams, Hazel, Fiver, Bigwig and Silver.
- Henry and Mudge by Cynthia Rylant, Henry and Mudge
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis, Lucy Pevensie and Mr. Tumnus
- The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo, Despereaux and Princess Pea
- The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger
Who are your favorite friends in literature, kids or adults?
Hon, of course I have to add one more friend to this post. She’s a best friend to everyone in our house.