I’m interrupting Series of Blue to bring you dinner. Pull up a chair, sit at my table, and join me for this delicious dish served over a bed of rice. We have lots to catch up on. Afterwards, there’ll be dessert because…well, hon…there’s always room for dessert.
Crock Pot Pepper Steak
2 pound pepper steak strips
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon corn starch
2 Tablespoons cold water
1 beef bouillon cube
1/4 cup hot water
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
dash pepper, ginger and garlic powder
1/2 cup onion chopped
2 large green peppers (or a mix of peppers), seeded and cut into strips
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes with liquid
honey to drizzle
- Rinse pepper steak and pat dry. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook beef in skillet about 8 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- In a small bowl, blend cornstarch with cold water until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, blend hot water with crushed beef bouillon cube.
- Stir soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, ginger and garlic powder into bouillon mixture.
- In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, layer beef, onions and stewed tomatoes.
- Pour bouillon mixture on top of layers. Pour cornstarch on top of bouillon mixture. Add peppers. Drizzle honey on on top of that.
- Cover; cook either on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or until beef is tender, or High setting for about 3 hours and then turn to Low for approximately another 2 hours.
- Test beef for doneness and tenderness. Length of cooking time will depend on thin/thickness of steak to be cooked.
Yield: 4 servings.