Roasted Cauliflower–Easy, Delicious and Healthy.
I used the recipe from David Tanis’ City Kitchen column* as guidance, and then altered the spices. Tanis baked his cauliflower with pre-cooked rigatoni and added cheese for a main dish. Click Rigatoni and Cauliflower Al Forno to see the his recipe. I’ll definitely be making this side dish again.
Happy cooking, hon.
–1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced
–salt, pepper, thyme, about 1 to 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro or any spices you think will go well with cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut cauliflower in half from top to bottom, cut out tough core, stem and extraneous leaves. Lay cauliflower flat side down and cut crosswise into rough 1/4-inch slices.
- Put 3 Tablespoons olive oil in skillet over high heat. Brown cauliflower for about 2 minutes, then turn pieces over to brown other side. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until cauliflower is easily pierced with a fork. Some pieces won’t be brown. Season with salt and pepper and stir to coat.’
- Put cauliflower in a mixing bowl. Add cilantro, garlic and thyme.
- Spray a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Spread cauliflower evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, for approximately 20 -30 minutes, until top is crisp and golden.
*Source: City Kitchen column in The New York Times