It all started with salad.
I was shopping for salad ingredients when bright green peppers caught my eye. I hadn’t cooked Stuffed Green Peppers in awhile and I don’t know why. They’re easy to make, delicious and healthy. If you’re a vegetarian, substitute a beef alternative and I bet this dish will still be delish. Next time, I might add more spices and golden raisins. There was enough rice to serve as a side. So yummy!
Stuffed Green Peppers
1 lb green peppers (I used 4), cut and seeded (pepper body is abt 3/4 & top is
1 lb lean ground beef (or beef substitute)
1/2 cup cooked rice (I used brown rice)
1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
3 Tablespoons dry red wine
1/2 teaspoon oregano, optional
1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a baking dish, place green peppers, cut side up.
3. Mix together ground beef, egg, rice, parsley and 2 Tablespoons tomato sauce.
4. Stuff peppers with ground beef mixture.
5. Combine remaining tomato sauce, water, wine and oregano and pour over peppers.
6. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour