I love flowers and so does a friend who just celebrated her birthday.
When it comes to flowers, I usually just trim stems and place flowers in a vase. But I got in the mood to dress up a pretty, ceramic bowl. This easy DIY Floral Arrangement is a perfect birthday, holiday or hostess gift as well as a centerpiece idea.
Happy creating (and Happy Holidays), hon!
1. Vessel–this could be a bowl, vase, mug, glass or anything else you want to give as a gift.
2. Floral Foam (Oasis)–can be purchased at a gardening center or craft store.
3. Flowers–they must have sturdy enough stems to withstand being pushed into the foam. I chose smaller flowers to complement the size of the bowl.
4. Tape–the gardening center didn’t have floral tape so I used Scotch Tape.
5. Pruning Shears or Scissors.
1. Cut floral foam to fit vessel.
2. Sit foam in vessel and tape in place so it won’t shift.
3. Trim flower stems to desired lengths.
4. Insert flowers in foam, carefully, starting in the center and working your way out.
5. Water flowers by pouring water in space between foam and vessel wall. The foam will absorb a lot of water. Holding flowers in place, pour off excess water.
Related Post: DIY Clean-Lines Centerpiece
Please let me know if you have any floral arranging tips. I’d love to hear from you!