Happy 20th birthday today to our three beautiful babies!
Here are my Top 20 memories of raising two girls and a boy, born within five minutes of each other.
1. Walking up and down our street to get some fresh air. (“Sleep babies, sleep!”)
2. Watching all three babies nap in one crib, swaddled and warm. (bundled like sausages)
3. Reading stories together, either at bedtime or on long car trips. (Except when they wanted to read out loud and were at three different reading levels. Oh, the competition!)
4. Pumpkin picking, wagon rides, and bringing home cider, doughnuts and apple butter. (looking for those perfect pumpkins)
5. Halloween–dressing up, trick-or-treating, pumpkin carving, and the elementary school show. (Our attic doubles as a Halloween costume shop!)
6. Thanksgiving along with many holidays spent with family. (cleaning up, cooking, celebrating and catching up)
7. Countless trips to Baltimore (shout out to my MD family) and Long Island (Dad’s family).
8. Day trips, especially taking the train to Manhattan. (One of my many mottos: “Getting there is the accomplishment. Being there is icing on the cake.”)
9. Building snowmen, sledding and playing in the snow. (Hot chocolate and cookies, anyone?)
10. First day of school. (School supplies? The right outfit? Ready to go.)
11. First day of camp (and first time on a big, yellow school bus)
12. Birthday parties. (Hon, you know I love a party!)
13. Skiing. (Almost nothing beats a sunny day skiing.)
14. Trip to Israel. (I knew the trip was a success when we landed in the US and my son asked, “When can we go back?”)
15. Vacations, especially Disney World. (The secret to theme park success: pack snacks and sandwiches.)
16. Significant religious milestones. (connecting roots from one generation to the next)
17. Beach vacations and day trips to the Maryland, Delaware and Jersey shores.(sandcastles, sunbathing and seashell collecting)
18. Watching our determined 2 pound 9 ounce daughter grow up.
19. Watching our feisty 4 pound 12 ounce son turn into a young man.
20. Watching our sassy 4 pound 4 ounce daughter morph before our eyes.
Hon, I’m raising a virtual glass of champagne in a toast to my three 20 year-olds. Health and happiness.